Update INSTALL.txt and hook_requirements() etc. with Drupal 11 platform requirements

Created on 13 February 2024, about 2 months ago
Updated 9 April 2024, 4 days ago

Problem/Motivation

🌱 [11.x] [meta] Set Drupal 11 platform and browser requirements at least six months before the release Active defined the platform requirements. We should be sure to update INSTALL.txt once the 11.x branch is used for Drupal 11 development to reflect those.

Steps to reproduce

Proposed resolution

Update core/INSTALL.txt with the results of issues at 🌱 [11.x] [meta] Set Drupal 11 platform and browser requirements at least six months before the release Active
Update database hook_requirements()

Remaining tasks

const MYSQLND_MINIMUM_VERSION
const LIBMYSQLCLIENT_MINIMUM_VERSION

User interface changes

API changes

Data model changes

Release notes snippet

πŸ“Œ Task
Status

Needs work

Version

11.0 πŸ”₯

Component
BaseΒ  β†’

Last updated about 8 hours ago

Created by

πŸ‡­πŸ‡ΊHungary GΓ‘bor Hojtsy Hungary

Live updates comments and jobs are added and updated live.
Sign in to follow issues

Merge Requests

Comments & Activities

  • Issue created by @GΓ‘bor Hojtsy
  • πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§United Kingdom catch

    Not sure if it should be here or in its own issue, but we also need to update hook_requirements() for the various database drivers, and that in turn will require removing gitlab jobs for any newly-unsupported database drivers.

  • πŸ‡³πŸ‡ΏNew Zealand quietone New Zealand

    I made a item for 'database drivers' in the parent for the work mentioned in #2. I'd like to keep the database work separate from any generalized INSTALL or README files.

  • Status changed to Active 22 days ago
  • πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§United Kingdom catch

    I think this is unblocked now.

  • πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§United Kingdom catch

    Let's do the database hook_requirements() here. We could use a summary of the new requirements in the issue summary so tagging for that.

  • πŸ‡³πŸ‡ΏNew Zealand quietone New Zealand

    Update IS and also change component because this is about more than documentation.

  • Pipeline finished with Success
    16 days ago
    Total: 507s
    #131388
  • πŸ‡³πŸ‡ΏNew Zealand quietone New Zealand
  • Status changed to Needs review 15 days ago
  • πŸ‡³πŸ‡ΏNew Zealand quietone New Zealand
  • Status changed to Needs work 15 days ago
  • πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈUnited States smustgrave

    Comments and title mention a hook_requirements() change also.

    INSTALL.txt looks correct though based on the database ticket.

  • Status changed to Needs review 14 days ago
  • πŸ‡³πŸ‡ΏNew Zealand quietone New Zealand

    I did not find any hook_requirements that needed a change.

  • Status changed to Needs work 11 days ago
  • πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈUnited States smustgrave

    It's not a hook_requirements but believe Drupal\mysql\Driver\Database\mysql\Install\Tasks has to be updated too right?

  • πŸ‡³πŸ‡ΏNew Zealand quietone New Zealand

    The issue for mysql did not discuss MYSQLND or libmysqlclient so those still need to be done.

  • Status changed to RTBC 10 days ago
  • πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§United Kingdom catch

    We haven't changed MYSQLND_MINIMUM_VERSION or LIBMYSQLCLIENT_MINIMUM_VERSION since 2015 when they were introduced afaict, probably worth a follow-up task to discuss whether to bump them, whether they're still needed at all etc. but don't need to touch here I think.

    This looks good to me.

  • πŸ‡³πŸ‡ΏNew Zealand quietone New Zealand

    Made a followup to discuss the 2 constants in #14. 3437786

  • Status changed to Needs work 10 days ago
  • πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§United Kingdom longwave UK

    We need to remove some GitLab CI jobs that are now incompatible:

    'PHP 8.3 MySQL 5.7':
    'PHP 8.3 MariaDB 10.3.22':
    'PHP 8.3 PostgreSQL 14.1':
    'PHP 8.3 PostgreSQL 15':
    '[Commit] PHP 8.3 MySQL 5.7':
    '[Daily] PHP 8.3 MariaDB 10.3.22':
    

    Also, there is a build test failure:

        1) Drupal\BuildTests\TestSiteApplication\InstallTest::testInstall
        Failed asserting that a string is not empty.
        
        /builds/project/drupal/vendor/phpunit/phpunit/src/Framework/Constraint/Constraint.php:121
        /builds/project/drupal/vendor/phpunit/phpunit/src/Framework/Constraint/Constraint.php:55
        /builds/project/drupal/core/tests/Drupal/BuildTests/TestSiteApplication/InstallTest.php:40
    
  • Pipeline finished with Failed
    10 days ago
    Total: 32024s
    #135826
  • Pipeline finished with Failed
    4 days ago
    #141281
  • πŸ‡³πŸ‡ΏNew Zealand quietone New Zealand

    I am pretty sure the failure is due to πŸ“Œ Add testing wtih SQLite 3.45 Active

  • Pipeline finished with Failed
    4 days ago
    #141300
  • Pipeline finished with Failed
    4 days ago
    #141306
  • Pipeline finished with Success
    4 days ago
    Total: 2881s
    #141308
Production build https://api.contrib.social 0.62.1