Wrong path alias (for Views pages) with case-sensitve (system) paths

Created on 3 April 2020, almost 4 years ago
Updated 12 February 2024, 12 days ago

By testing for πŸ› Path comparison (e.g. for block visiblity) doesn't work for aliased internal paths with capital letters (block_block_list_alter() in D7) Needs work I found a weird result that I want to report here (and maybe it is related with ✨ Add string context and location filters to the translate interface Needs work ).

Steps to reproduce:

- fresh D8 Installation (e.g. via SimplyTestMe):
- create a new View with 2 page displays
- the 1st page has the path /example-path
- the 2nd page has the path /Example-Path
- so far so good: both pages are available with their (system) paths
- then add URL aliases for both paths (and the URL aliases are totally different - e.g. /my-example-path-1 for the 1st page and /my-example-path-2 for the 2nd page)
- but the URL alias for the 1st page isn't used in the Views UI backend and the URL alias for the 2nd page is used for both "View page" links in the Views UI backend and the Views overview list on /admin/structure/views

πŸ› Bug report
Status

Closed: outdated

Version

9.5

Component
ViewsΒ  β†’

Last updated about 17 hours ago

Created by

πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺGermany M_Z

Live updates comments and jobs are added and updated live.
Sign in to follow issues

Comments & Activities

Not all content is available!

It's likely this issue predates : some issue and comment data are missing.

  • πŸ‡³πŸ‡±Netherlands tinto Amsterdam

    Triaging this issue as part of the Bug Smash Initiaitive during Drupal Developer Days 2023 in Vienna.

    Thanks to the clear steps to reproduce this issue, I managed to test this on a fresh install of Drupal 11.x-dev and can confirm that this is no longer an issue.

    I've created a new view with two page displays, with paths /test and /Test. After creating a path alias for each (/my-test-view and /my-Test-view, I checked the views overview page and the "View page" links on both page displays. All links are using the path alias urls.

    My guess is that this has been fixed in another issue, so I am marking this one as Closed (outdated).

  • πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺGermany M_Z

    @tinto : Thank you for checking my bug report and I am glad to hear that there is no longer an issue for Drupal 11.

    I tested it for Drupal 10.2 and can confirm that my reported bug is still present for Drupal 10.2.

    Maybe you or someone else could re-test for Drupal 11.x-dev with exactly my paths and URL aliases from my bug report above.
    (I didn't specified a language for my manually created URL aliases.)

Production build https://api.contrib.social 0.61.6-2-g546bc20